Parc Y Scarlets Pre-Season Friendly

Llanelli 3 – 0 Port Talbot Town

Both sides fielded experimental teams for this early pre-season friendly with Port Talbot Town fielding Llanelli’s goalkeeper Craig Morris, defender Rory Smitham and midfielder Antonio Facciuto as the early start to the season brought with it a number of unavailable players. New signings Mark Jones, Daniel Thomas and Lloyd Grist started the match as Paul Reid took charge in the absense of manager Mark Jones who was in Cardiff completing his UEFA A Licence refresher course.

Also starting for the side was trialist Nicky Holland against his former club and he produced the best performance of the match with an impressive display. Port Talbot edged the opening exchanges as they kept possession and defended well despite lacking chances at the other end. Llanelli remained dangerous pushing forward however and Lee Surman and Matthew Rees were kept busy in the centre of defence. The opening goal of the game arrived in controversial circumstances as Dale Otten found himself in acres of space on the right due to him standing in an offside position but the assistant referee’s flag remained down as Otten slotted the ball past Morris to hand his side the lead.

With both sides lacking match fitness from the summer break combined with the warm atmosphere the game slowed down in the second half but Llanelli were able to double their advantage on 59 minutes when new signing Owain Warlow drilled the ball home from the left. Minutes later Llanelli increased their lead as former Port Talbot Town striker Rhys Griffiths made no mistake from close range. Chances were few and far between after the third goal as both sides looked to keep possession before the referee brought the game to a close.

Pre-Season Friendly

Saturday, 20th June 2009

at Parc-y-Scarlets training pitch, Llanelli.

Llanelli 3-0 Port Talbot Town



Dale Otten (27 minutes)

Owain Warlow (59 minutes)

Rhys Griffiths (61 minutes)

Port Talbot Town


Attendance – 120

Referee – Mr Ceri Richards