MATCH REPORT: Undy Athletic 1-1 Port Talbot Town: All Square At The Ramp

In cold conditions, windy conditions and with the smell of homemade welsh cakes in the air, Undy Athletic and Port Talbot Town couldn’t be separated with the away team picking up a consecutive league draw.

In typical fashion for PTT this season, chances were few and far between as both sides looked to suss each other old but a goal early was a big statement for the blues to send out.

Debutant Connor Harris made an immediate impact with minutes on the field. Harris collected the ball on the left hand side and supplied the cross for Keane Watts who headed home in front of the jubilant travelling support. Port Talbot Town were 1 goal to the good with a little over 10 minutes of the game played.

Port Talbot continued to dominate the early chances with Jandir Zola shooting from distance being the only notable chance from either side since the goal. Undy to their credit didn’t let this deteriorate spirits going forward and bagged an equaliser of their own on the half hour mark. Once again it was a headed effort making the difference as Ryan Hudson bagged himself a goal.

Connor Harris was still making a big impact up top. This time it was Ben Rose-Miles supplying the cross as his left footed volley sailed over the bar. Scores stayed the same as both sides went in level at one goal each.

Roles reversed in the second half as Undy started the stronger of both sides. Hudson was continuing to be a nuisance within the PTT defence and if wasn’t for a last ditch challenge in the area from Jackson Hall the home side were probably taking a lead.

Port Talbot immediately went up the other end as Ben Rose-Miles headed effort from six yards out forced a spectacular save out of the Undy goalkeeper getting down low to tip the ball wide. The keeper was called in to action again minutes later as he rushed off his line to prevent Patrick Finneral from getting his shot off.

His counterpart in James Harris made a big save up the other end. Harris was full stretch at this one to prevent the Undy goal.

The game ended with Undy’s keeper making another game saving save. In two successive corners for Port Talbot, Keane Watts was looking for a brace to force another impressive save. Substitute and debutant John Hall came agonisingly close from the second corner. In what was his first touch of the game, he flicked on the ball towards the far corner of the net going marginally wide of the mark in what was the last meaningful action of the game.

Port Talbot Town are next in action Friday as Goytre United visit Victoria Road for the final derby of 2018. Kick off this Friday is 7:30 and as always, match updates will be provided on the social media.