Ton Pentre vs Port Talbot Town



Port Talbot Town came in to this fixture off the back of two away defeats looking to claim some points on the board once again. In a game that offered little for any of the neutrals in attendance, PTT game away with a point and clean sheet to boot.

It took 15 minutes of the game until Mark Pike’s Port Talbot Town were able to muster up a decent chance at goal. After long ball exchanges from both sides, Morgan Thomas was put through on goal but his shot went just wide of the mark.

Minutes later Keane Watts was maliciously brought down in the final third to present PTT with a free kick near the corner kick area. A yellow was awarded but the cross in came to nothing as play continued with few opportunities for both sides.

James Harris was finally brought in to action later on in to the first half. Ton Pentre’s Chappell-Smith collected the ball down the byline and tested Harris at his near post. To the credit of PTT’s number 1 he made himself big to prevent a goal for the home side.

This attack seemed to spark the fuse in the Bulldogs attack as the pressure began to grow on Port Talbot Town’s back line testing from distance a little more. With around five minutes to play, PTT had another golden chance to break the deadlock. Dylan Thomas worked the ball well to make it in to the box squaring it to Kieran Miller from close range. It wasn’t to be though as Miller put the ball over keeping the scores level at zero.

Keane Thomas came close for Ton Pentre finessing a shot narrowly over while Patrick Finneral breaks away on the following attack. Two nutmegs later he crossed the ball in to Morgan Thomas who wasn’t able to get his head on the end of the cross with the last real chance of the half.

The second half got underway and followed the same pattern as the first 45 minutes. Chances were few and far between with Keane Watts unable to get his shot off in front of goal early in. The Bulldogs seemed to have the better of these chances later on notably from Josh Luker and Aiden Chappell-Smith as the game started to draw to its conclusion.

The biggest chance of the game fell to the away side late in to the game. Dylan Llewellyn collected the ball in midfield and lumped the ball forward as Keane Watts challenged the young keeper Fleming. As Fleming lay on the ground a goalmouth scrambled ensued which resulted in some very stubborn defending which did the trick for the Ton Pentre.

One more Ton attack late on and a fine effort from Kieran Miller, half volleying the ball from distance game to nothing as the match official blew for full time. This wasn’t the most beautiful of games but Mark Pike’s blues take another point on the road going in to the big derby Friday night.

For more news as it breaks be sure to keep a tabs on as well as your usual social media outlets for all things blue and white.



Date Time League Season
October 6, 2018 2:30 pm Welsh Football League Division One 2018/2019


Ton Pentre0
Port Talbot Town0