Cambrian & Clydach vs Port Talbot Town




Port Talbot Town came away from the Rhondda with nothing to show in consecutive weeks. Although the scoreline was much more narrow at the second time of asking the away side couldn’t capitalise on the number of chances they had.

10 minutes in to the game it was the usual suspects creating opportunities for PTT. Dylan Thomas’ free kick on the edge of the box being one of the more notable ones in the first half. Cambrian soon began to settle in to the game with a free kick of their own. Cameron Keetch played the ball out wide and as the low cross came in, James Harris done well in goal to deal with an effort aimed at target.

New signing Jandir Zola linked up well with Morgan Thomas up the other end of the pitch later on which saw Thomas’ effort easily saved while Charlie Fripp had to be alert to block Richard French’s driven cross on the half hour mark.

Other than James Harris being called in to action following a Cambrian free kick there wasn’t much for either side to shout about going in to the half-time break with the sides unable to break the deadlock.

It was PTT that started the second half stronger once again forcing a save from the home keeper. Ben Rose-Miles did well to retain possession of the ball on the wing finding Dylan Thomas who wasn’t able to header his effort home.

There were further efforts on goal from Blake Morgan up top and Dylan Thomas who was starting to find his range from distance.

It was the home side though that finally got the crucial goal with around 15 minutes left to play. Some nice build up between the Cam midfielders resulted in another cross being driven at the front post but this time it was Richard French who reacted first. French lunged at the ball and appeared to got the final touch although it might have been a Port Talbot defender that’ll be awarded with an own goal instead.

With minutes to go, Cambrian managed the final stages of the game out well and were still testing James Harris in goal who did well to stop multiple efforts through the entirety of the match. In the final chance of the game, Port Talbot launched a free-kick from the half way line in to the home side’s penalty area but it was the defence yet again, claiming the ball in the air and clearing any danger.

The referee blew for full time a minute later and sealed the Steelmens fate. Cambrian & Clydach were value for money once again and just about managed to edge out Port Talbot Town to claim all three points.

Next up for the Blues is cup action at Victoria Road. Aberbargoed Buds are the visitors this Saturday (November 3rd) in Round 3 of the Nathaniel Car Sales Welsh League Cup. Remember that kick off for this one is the earlier time of 1:30pm.


Date Time League Season
October 27, 2018 2:30 pm Welsh Football League Division One 2018/2019


Cambrian & Clydach1
Port Talbot Town0