Briton Ferry Llansawel vs Port Talbot Town



Port Talbot Town went in to Friday’s game away to Briton Ferry off the back of their first league defeat in high hopes looking for a result at the Old Road.

It was the away side that started stronger and did not wait around to break the deadlock. Dylan Thomas drove the ball forward in to the final third of the pitch and lofted the ball in towards Morgan Thomas. Although Morgan Thomas had acres of space, he still had a tough job in flicking his headed effort towards the far post and out of the reach of McFenton. 1-0 PTT.

Port Talbot continued to dominate the efforts at goal throughout the majority of the first half with Keane Watts and Dylan Thomas having opportunities to double the lead for the away side.

A second goal came towards the end of the half and it was Patrick Finneral who was the focus of this move. PTT countered down the right hand flank with Finneral able to duke past the Ferry full back to continue his run on goal. Finneral squared the ball across the six yard box and Keane Watts was presented with a gift and tapped the ball in to the net to put the Steelmen 2-0 up going in to the break.

It turned out to be a different story in the second half however with Briton Ferry dominating the remaining 45 minutes. A long throw wasn’t dealt with in the area as the ball fell to the feet of Tyler Brock. Brock flicked the ball up for himself and volleyed the ball in to the top corner to pull one goal back for the home side.

Twenty minutes later and a dreaded equalizer. Another set piece caused problems for PTT and it was a corner kick this time that did the damage. Lee Bevan found himself free in the area and headed towards goal which took a slight deflection on it’s way in. There wasn’t nothing much James Harris was able to do in the sticks to prevent it from going in.


With the momentum still in the home side’s favour the final blow was dealt. Steve Davey’s free kick near the byline was whipped in to the box with more aerial issues for PTT. The ball was headed across the box and Briton Ferry’s Tyler Brock was first to it picking up his second of the game and the home side’s third.

In a tale of two halves it was Briton Ferry that edged it and came away with all three points in what was an entertaining game for the neutrals in attendance at the Old Road ground.

Next up for Mark Pike’s men is another trip on the road and a treck up to the Rhondda to face Ton Pentre. No doubt PTT will want to get back to winning way’s sooner rather than later as the Sandfields Derby approaches in October.

For extended match highlights and another view of Friday’s game. Check out

For all the latest news as it breaks be sure to keep up to date through the usuall social media outlets and the ever reliable


Date Time League Season
September 28, 2018 7:30 pm Welsh Football League Division One 2018/2019


Briton Ferry Llansawel3
Port Talbot Town2