With the new Welsh football league season less than two weeks away it’s fair to say that the management side behind the scenes at Victoria Road have been busy assembling our squad for kick off in August. porttalbottown.co.uk can now confirm the squad heading in to our first league as things stand.
- Kieran Miller
- Morgan Thomas
- Jordan Pike
- Dylan Llewellyn
- Patrick Finneral
Players promoted from the academy;
- Bailey Jones
- Keane Watts
Accompanying the current list of retained players will be several new signings. These include some returning faces to the Sand Siro as well those that might not be so familiar to the Port Talbot Town faithful.
- James Harris – A familiar face, James returns to the club from his short spell at Aberdare Town
- Dylan Thomas – Dylan, a former product of the Swansea City youth academy signed with Scottish Premier League side Aberdeen FC before coming back home to become a big part of Trefelin BGC’s successful 2017/18 season
- Ryan Morgan – Another player signing after a successful period with Trefelin BGC. Ryan developed his earlier playing days under Pike through the PTT youth system
- Jackson Hall – Local boy Jackson Hall signs up with the Blues having recently finished time away with the British Forces
- Jake Hammond – Jake returns after a successful period away with Ammanford Town helping them achieve promotion to Welsh League Division 1 for the 2018/19 season
- Nikki Parvin – Nikki returns to the Blues under a senior set up. One that will be familiar to supporters, Nikki played a number of games with PTT during the Welsh Premier League era at the age of 18 and joins from Swansea based side West End FC
- Chris Silva – Silva has spent a number of years with Pike through the youth academy and was named as an unused sub in PTT’s Welsh Cup Final defeat to Bangor in April 2010.
- Owen Davies – Another newcomer to Pike’s set up, Owen boasts plenty of Welsh league experience and will be a welcome addition to the new look Blues side
- Tom Barber – Tom is another player that was developed under Pike in the PTT youth system. Tom re-joins after a few years away from the club
- Matthew Birdsey – Matthew will be a familiar face to supporters as a successful youth club product that made the step up to the senior side. Under the reigns of Andy Dyer Matthew made a number of Welsh Premier League appearances
- Lloyd Jones – A member of Pike’s youth system, Lloyd went on to join Briton Ferry Llansawel AFC gaining plenty of Welsh league experience along the way
In season recruits:
- Jamie Rano
- Ben Rose-Miles
- Charlie Fripp
- Joel Whittingham
Speaking to porttalbottown.co.uk, first team manager Mark Pike added:
We are excited to welcome back a number of club stalwarts ahead of the new season at Victoria Road. This includes boys that we have developed in the past and now returning to the club with plenty of senior level Welsh league experience learning so much in their time away. There’s new faces in the squad as well as current youth team players that will be looking to gain senior team experience in a blue shirt.”
“The summer has been extremely busy and there still isn’t any sign of stopping quite yet. Hopefully we’ll still see another two or three signings coming through in the next few days which will no doubt push the squad no end
Be sure to keep up to date with the latest news at porttalbottown.co.uk and the usual social media outlets.
Image: Lewis Mitchell